Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] Add another bullet type ( →)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] Add another bullet type ( →)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:52:45 +0100

On Mar 16, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

El vie, mar 13 2009, Martin Pohlack va escriure:
Hi All,

I tend to use a right arrow (→, U2192) from time to time in plain
lists to separate normal item from conclusions / next actions etc.:

Hey, me too! I use exactly → to hightlight items, but also to mark implications (I use ∴ for conclusions); I have many keys for that type of useful symbols. :-) (or should I write ☺…?)

 - Topic
   - Fact 1
   - Fact 2
   → Conclusion
 However, I have done it always like this:

  - Topic
    - Fact 1
    - Fact 2
    - → Conclusion

This is, actually, a much better idea, so let's not go there
and make the item bullets configurable.  It is possible that
too much confusion will arrise from it.

It is also, in my opinion, quite visible!  If you want to make
it still more visible, you can try something like

(font-lock-add-keywords 'org-mode
   0 font-lock-warning-face prepend)))

- Carsten

So it is still a list, but I know this item is special. In this way I can also use the symbol in headings:

* some task
** option1
** → option2 (this is what I did)

I still have to check org-choose.el, which provides a way to mark the chosen option between many alternatives in a more formal way.

 Greetings,

Daniel