Re: [Orgmode] The most important project for org developers?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] The most important project for org developers?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:09:38 +0000

I currently export my schedule to google calendar with org's icalendar
export. But I have to manually upload the ics file, so I'd prefer a
solution that interfaces with google directly, such as an Integration
of T.V. Rahman's google-client code for emacs with org-mode. I didn't
get around to look at that code yet. (It's part of the emacspeak
package, but can be downloaded separately.)

I don't have a solution for todo items yet. It looks like it should be
possible to integrate org-mode with remember the milk, which in turn
has a good client for android (called Astrid). Somebody has apparently
started a remember the milk integration with org-mode, but it looks
like the project has stopped in a very early stage. (as evidenced by
http://github.com/avdi/org-rtm/tree/master). Of course direct
synchronisation with a todo-manager would be even better, and
possible, since Astrid is free software too
(http://code.google.com/p/android-astrid/).

If you have access to a server that supports WebDav you can create a Google Calendar that reads your org ics file directly.

I publish my todo items to a web server, where I can browse them on my phone. It's also possible to copy the html fine to my phone's memory, where I could browse it without Internet access. The only downside is that it's read only, but that's not a problem for me.

Ian.