Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bugs and a request

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bugs and a request
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:04:57 +0100

On Mar 18, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Strange, I am getting {lll}, with no vertical lines on either outside.
Ah, you have org-export-latex-tables-column-borders turned on.
Yes, there was a bug, fixed now.  Thanks!

Thanks! Works beautifully now.

2. Headlines greater than n when H:n (e.g., level three headlines
when H
is set to 2) are exported as description lists.

Is this the intended behavior?

This is how Bastien designed it, and it is similar to the HTML way,
turning these into lists.  It works fine if there is any text before
the plain list bullets.

When I use a paragraph of text instead of plain list bullets, the
subsequent paragraph becomes the definition of the headline, which
becomes the list label. Is this correct?

I am confused, could you make a detailed example, please?

Do you have a better proposal?

I suppose I was expecting the headings to become itemized lists if
num:nil or enumerated lists if num:t. But I realize that's probably not
the most straightforward behavior. I think it's easier for me to use
bullet lists in the org source than to request a change. :)

Would it be possible to have the latex exporter ignore markup
designated as html?

I am unable to reproduce this, works fine for me.

You are right. I cannot reproduce this. I'm afraid it may have been due
to a typo. Sorry for the false alarm.

OK, we have now #+begin_center

Again, thanks so much! This works beautifully and I've already used it
in a syllabus.

A related thought (and sorry for the very long email), is there any
way
to define these types of macros globally, rather than in-buffer? It
would be really nice to be able to set commonly used macros globally.
Even nicer would be the ability to define macros that are context
sensitive: i.e., one substitution for for LaTeX export, another
substitution for HTML export. This might make it easier to export the
same source file to different outputs. Just a wishlist item....

Yes,  guess we could have global macros, and also macros that expand
depending on exporter type.  I have not though much about it, maybe
you'd like to draw up a syntax?

Thanks for considering this. I'll do some brainstorming and get back to you.

Best,
Matt