[Orgmode] Re: feature request

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:56:09 -0500

Hello Matthew,

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

>> I've been trying to make an org-remember template that will grab the
>> title of the webpage I want to create a link to.  This seems to not be
>> possible, although I could very well be wrong.  I was curious as to
>> whether a new keyword could be created for w3 and w3m links.  Seems that
>> :title would be very useful.
>
> When I use w3m, the annotation substitution (%a) in the remember
> template does the trick. It grabs the url and title of the current page
> (using org-store-link).

Thanks.  This does work for w3m but using w3 it returns this:

*

[[http://www.osnews.com/story/21181/The_IBM_X41_as_a_Lightweight_Linux_Laptop]]
:laptop:

from this template:

'((?b "* [[%a] %^g %!" "~/bookmarks.org" bottom)

Later today, if I get the chance, I'll explore the solution proposed by
Sebastian Rose.

Thanks again,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      address@hidden

Chinese saying: "He who speak with forked tongue, not need chopsticks."