Re: [Orgmode] iPhone ----> org-mode

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] iPhone ----> org-mode
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:20:07 +0000

Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Ian Barton wrote:

This is nice, no more superfluous flat file... thanks!
I don't think so!  Because if I see this correctly, your own
solution will allow new entries to be refiled to other files,
removed or archived, without the script adding them again.  If you
do this in Ians solution, I think they will be added again.
Theoretically my script shouldn't add things twice. It stores the item's guid as a PROPERTY and checks to see if the guid exists in the org file before it adds the item. I am assuming here that guids in reqall are unique.

Yes, I understand.

However, if the user refiles the task to a different file, that
information will be gone and the item re-added.

- Carsten

Having investigated reqall a bit further, it seems that messages are assigned various categories e.g. "Note", "Meeting". The latest incarnation of my script will store the item from the rss feed in a file according to its category. When the script is a bit more stable, I'll upload it to github.

I have also done some work in adapting the jabberbot that I use with my MythTV set up, so I can get a list of my tasks and post new one via Google Talk.

Good point. Maybe I need to store the guids in a separate file.

Ian.