Re: [Orgmode] a small remember suggestion

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] a small remember suggestion
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:24:06 +1000

What would happen then if one called remember from a previous remember buffer, then saved it?

Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:29, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> After that,
>>
>> (when (plusp number)
>>  (message "you have %s saved remember files" number))
>
> Hmmm.   When should this happen?  Not after a
> successful remember process, I'd say.....

The number will usually be zero, so that is when I would do it.  Of
course it should be combined with "successfully saved to ...".

I like it after rather than before saving because, in my view, we want
to limit the amount of attention required between "have an idea" and
"saved the idea".

Perhaps there are other times for it, but then would work for me.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering (worse than nearly all other