[Orgmode] add a list item and automatically insert an incative timestamp

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] add a list item and automatically insert an incative timestamp without being asked to confirm "now"
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:30:50 +0100

Hi all,

I want to write a function to create a new item in an item list and immediately
insert an inactive timestamp. How could I possibly do this?
I can write a keyboard macro, yes.
But can somebody show me how to write a function which I can global-set-key to?

Must be something like
(org-meta-return)
(org-time-stamp-inactive t)

Problem is I then get asked to confirm the current timestamp. In this case I
always want to use the current timestamp without being asked.

Thanks,

Rainer