Re: [Orgmode] Re: Handling org-file agenda dependenncies?

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Handling org-file agenda dependenncies?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:55:53 -0500

Hi Eraldo,

Eraldo Helal <address@hidden> writes:

> Mike Newman <mike <at> newmanfamily.me.uk> writes:
>
>> When you use the standard commands to add/removes files from the
>> agenda, it will write a definition for the variable org-agenda-files to
>> the custom section of your .emacs file.
>
> That would still mean removing every org-file in the tree manually
> when wanting to make a project "inactive".
>
>> If you want to deal with trees of files, you might be better off
>> removing the variable from the custom section, defining it
>> yourself and updating it manually.
>
> The questions here is... How could one define it?

I think you could set something like the following in your .emacs file:

(load-library "find-lisp")
(setq org-agenda-files (append (find-lisp-find-files "~/directory1" "\.org$")
                               (find-lisp-find-files "~/directory2" "\.org$")

                               (find-lisp-find-files "~/directory3" "\.org$")))

This will search the directories above recursively for org files.
Whenever you want to remove a project from your agenda, simply delete
the appropriate line and evaluate the expression. I'd imagine someone
else can think of a way to do this more economically, though.

Best,
Matt