Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug if `org-refile-use-outline-path' is set to 'file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug if `org-refile-use-outline-path' is set to 'file
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:23:13 +0200

On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Carsten,

There are two things to this.

First, there was a bug (now fixed) which caused the file name to show
up twice, both as part of the outline path, and then behind it in
parenthesis.

Fixed now.

Great!

The second part of the story is that you have
org-outline-path-complete-in-steps set to t, which means that the
first headline level will only show up when you have completed the
file name.

Ok, I've set it to nil now, and the completion buffer now shows

   file.org/head1/head2

as I like it.  Great!

With this step-wise completion I only get file.org/ but I cannot select it. Completing to file.org/ and hitting RET causes a short flickering,
but no new completion possibilities, e.g. the headlines in file.org.

The idea is not to select it, but to hit TAB to get to the
next completion step.  So type a few letters of the file
name, TAB to complete the file name, TAB again to see the
top level headings in that file etc.

To me this is how completion works in Emacs - are you using the
mouse?

- Carsten

Anyway, I like the way it works now.

Thanks a lot, Carsten!