Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] org-crypt version 0.2

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] org-crypt version 0.2
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:18:12 +0200

On Apr 2, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

Below is a patch which will fix this.  Basically you need to
inserting in a location that confuses the invisibility code.
Instead of trying to get the insertion right, it is much better
to reset it for the entire tree.

Great, thanks!

The patch also does one other thing:

It makes encryption cover the entire subtree of an entry
with tag :crypt:, not just the text up to first child.
I believe this is more consistent with the structure or
Org-mode files.  Would you agree?

Yes, I had planned to do that, but wasn't sure exactly how.  You saved
me some time, thank you.

I have one other issue, if you want to point me in the right direction. It seems that org-scan-tags will skip the first heading if that heading
is on the first line in the buffer.  If you add a blank line above the
heading, then org-scan-tags will pass it to the action function.

It is funny, I *never* have a headline in line one.

Sometimes it is a hassle to handle this special case, but
in this case it is actually easy to fix.  ... It's done

I am looking forward to integrate org-crypt in 6.26.

- Carsten

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US