Re: [Orgmode] Problem with toggling intermediate state of check boxes

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem with toggling intermediate state of check boxes
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:37:16 -0400

Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I use C-u C-c C-c on a check box it deletes the check box rather
> than toggles the [-] state as adevrtised in the manual. I'm using
> version 6.25a as checked out of git several hours ago.
>
> I've never tried to use this behaviour before, so I can't say when it
> first occurred.
>
> Here's a minimal two lines that exhibit the behaviour:
>
> ,----
> | * Headline [0/1]
> |   - [ ] C-u C-c C-c will remove the checkbox
> `----

The manual says (I am behind the curve: I still run 6.24, but I doubt
either the behavior or this portion of the manual changed):

`C-c C-c'
     Toggle checkbox status or (with prefix arg) checkbox presence at
     point.  With double prefix argument, set it to `[-]', which is
     considered to be an intermediate state.

That's consistent with the behavior you observe: C-u C-c C-c toggles
"presence", i.e. whether the checkbox is there or not. To toggle the
checkbox, just use C-c C-c.

HTH,
Nick