Re: [Orgmode] org-protocol and encoding

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-protocol and encoding
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:53:47 +0200

Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
> org-protocol is really a great extension for org-mode! However, I
> experience an annoyance regarding non-ascii character encoding.
>
> When using org-protocol with remember and firefox, all non-ascii
> characters get b0rked in the remember buffer (on linux, with emacs 23
> and org-mode as of today and latest ff 3.0). It doesn't matter if the
> source page uses html entities or literal non-ascii-characters. Does
> anyone share this experience and has a suggestion on where to look for
> the cause?

Yes. Same here.

This seems to be a emacs/remember problem though.

If I open a file `xy.txt' and select this text:

  lkäüüäüpüpjüpjsf

and then 'C-x r' to remember it, I get this in my remember buffer:

  [[file:~/xy.txt::lk%20p%20pj%20pjsf][file:~/xy.txt::lk p pj pjsf]]

Not sure how to work around this yet. Seems to be encoding-related...

Maybe I find some time to into this later today.

   Sebastian