Re: [Orgmode] Patch to fix two bugs in HTML/DocBook exporters

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patch to fix two bugs in HTML/DocBook exporters
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:16:22 +0200

Hi Baoqiu,

On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:37 PM, Baoqiu Cui wrote:

Hi Carsten,

During the weekend, I found and fixed two bugs that exist in
HTML/DocBook exporters (see the following descriptions). I am attaching
a patch for the fixes at the end of this email.

1. Bug One: two consecutive lists with different list types at the same
  level are exported as *one* list.  For example, the following two
  lists

  1. Ordered List Item 1
  2. Ordered List Item 2

  - Itemized List Item 1
  - Itemized List Item 2
  - Itemized List Item 3

This is, actually, not a bug but on purpose.
List boundaries are set by indentation, and the
list type is set by the first item.  I prefer to keep it that way.
In the same way, the actual numbers in an ordered list are ignored
and the list is renumbered on export.

  are exported as one ordered list in HTML (see below, similar problem
  also exist in DocBook).

  : <ol>
  : <li>
  : Ordered List Item 1
  : </li>
  : <li>
  : Ordered List Item 2
  :
  : </li>
  : <li>
  : Itemized List Item 1
  : </li>
  : <li>
  : Itemized List Item 2
  : </li>
  : <li>
  : Itemized List Item 3
  :
  : </li>
  : </ol>

2. Bug Two: a paragraph *immediately* after a block like quote, verse,
  centered block, example, etc. is not wrapped into paragraph tags
  a big deal for HTML exporter, this bug makes exported DocBook XML
  document invalid.

  The following lines can reproduce this bug:

  : Code line one
  : Code line two
This is a paragraph immediately after the above code block without an
  empty line before it, and it is NOT wrapped in a paragraph (<p> in
  HTML or <para> in DocBook) in exported format.

Please let me know if you see any problems in the fix.

I would like to fix this bug, and if you send me a patch just
for this, I'd be happy to apply it.

- Carsten