Re: [Orgmode] org-choose bugfix - whoops

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-choose bugfix - whoops
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:33:59 +0200

Hi Tom,

On Apr 9, 2009, at 2:05 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:

My previous fix was mistaken.  Not sure why it passed tests; I
have two theories.  Regardless, it was wrong.  Current
`(org-outline-level)' seems the correct "LEVEL=" matcher argument to
make `org-map-entries' find only an item's immediate children.  (Operated
on by `org-reduced-level' of course)  I don't quite understand why.

Second, I may have solved the mystery of how the bug got by me before.
`org-map-entries' used to place point at the beginning of an item, a
fact which I used to recognize visiting the same item.  That seems to
have changed between org versions.

Third, I have fixed the real bug - properly now, I hope! - and
attached a patch.

I have applied the patch.

Indeed, there was a problem with the cursor positioning during mapping,
but I think this should be fixed again.  Really, I want the cursor at
the beginning of the entry when the mapping function is called.

So maybe you'd like to pull from git, check again, and revert the change?
I believe that the back-to-heading wrapper will not hurt, but I also believe
it is no longer necessary.

My apologies for the mess.

- Carsten