[Orgmode] Re: org-mode is turning off soft word wrapping.

From: Good Bad
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode is turning off soft word wrapping.
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:
> Good Bad <nbko3 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> > When I visit a text file, a C file or a TeX file, it is in soft word
> > wrapping
> > mode, i.e. long lines get wrapped, but without really inserting newlines.
> >
> > But when I visit an org file, it is not in word wrapping mode, i.e. longs
> > lines
> > never gets wrapped, you can't see the whole line if the line is too long.
> >
> > 1. How do I turn on soft word wrapping in org-mode?
>
> I have a function key mapped to this.  There is a function
> (set-truncate-lines) that toggles wrapping on and off.
>
> ,----[ from my .emacs ]
> | (global-set-key (kbd "<f7>") 'set-truncate-lines)
> `----
> [...]

I think it is toggle-truncate-lines.
set-truncate-lines is not defined in my Emacs23.

;; keybinding for toggling soft word wrapping mode
(global-set-key (kbd "<f7>") 'toggle-truncate-lines)

;; turn on soft wrapping mode for org mode
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
(lambda () (setq truncate-lines nil)))

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/TruncateLines