Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on sloooow computer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on sloooow computer
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:30:18 +0200

On Apr 23, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

On my Asus, regenerating the view for my current date (with todos,
scheduled items, etc) takes at least 8 seconds! When I'm checking out
various dates in the future for possible meetings or whatever, having
to wait up to 10 seconds each time I look at a different date gets a
little frustrating.

On a Zaurus it's even worse. Would be nice to speed things up a bit.

Are both of you running compiled Lisp code?

Are you using day view or week view (which makes 7 day views....)

The following would be interesting:

1. run one of your slow Org commands, just to make sure
   everything is loaded.

2. Run

   M-x elp-instrument-package RET org RET

   to instrument all Org functions for profiling

3. run the slow command again

4. Do

    M-x elp-results

and post the resulting buffer.