[Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode on sloooow computer
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:19:59 +0100

Carsten Dominik writes:
> > Ummm, this doesn't work for me?  C-c C-x r is undefined.
>
> You need to be in an org-mode buffer for this..

Ah.  Yes.

> > In any case, I am impressed: from 4.5 seconds to less than a second in
> > one day!  Can you do the same for my 2+ day optimisation runs I
> > require in my research? ;-)
>
> :-)  Someone needs to write a profiler for that.  In fact, clocking your
> work and looking at the biggest time consumers may help :-)

Yes.  I do profile my codes very often.  The current codes (for this
particular problem) are about as efficient as I can make them.  The
problems I tackle are simply inherently difficult or complex.

> Thanks, this was a fun day.

Excellent!  A bit of hacking of this type can indeed be fun.  And
provides a nice diversion from the more humdrum aspects of our
work... (my students are all revising for their final exams... ;-).

eric