[Orgmode] Re: Possible bug with tag inheritance

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Possible bug with tag inheritance
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 04:54:45 +1000

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 02:12:11PM -0400, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

> >> I think that's a little messed up.  Can you post what C-h v
> >> org-stuck-projects displays (or cut and paste the value out of your
> >> custom file?  The [State]: EDITED, ... stuff shouldn't be part of the
> >> value.
> >
> > That's cut straight from my .emacs. The first few lines of C-h v tell me:
> >
> > org-stuck-projects is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
> > Its value is
> > ("+LEVEL=2/-DONE"
> >  ("TODO" "NEXT" "NEXTACTION")
> >  ("Info")
> >  "\n   [State]: EDITED, shown value does not take effect until you set or
> > save it.")
>
> Okay.  That string is used for regexp matching and probably should not
> be there.

True! But there it is...

>   - If this regexp -> "\n   [State]: ...it." matches anywhere in the
>     subtree then the project is not stuck.
>
> That's probably not what you want even if matching that exactly string
> is unlikely.  If you click on the _customize_ link you'll see what each
> value is used for.  You probably just want an empty string there.

Yes, I got that. I've adjusted the string manually.

> Carsten mentioned that inherited tags are not considers for stuck
> project matching during the search and you should probably try his
> suggestion to see if it works better for your scenario.

I haven't had a chance to play around with this yet. As I said in my
original mail, though, it's probably more correct to use PROPERTIES to
mark something as information. org-stuck-projects seems to be able to
read PROPERTIES, so I'll fiddle around with that and see how I go.

Thanks for your help,

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/