[Orgmode] More convenient methods for creating appointments?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: [Orgmode] More convenient methods for creating appointments?
Date: 26 Apr 2009 13:24:05 +0200

Hello to all

Maybe I have overlooked this in the documentation. For creating active
time-stamps I know the key-stroke 'C-c .' which only allows for a
single date and time.

But if you want to specify a time period, the entry has to look like
this:

<2009-12-03 Do>--<2009-12-06 So>
or
<2009-04-27 Mo 14:00>--<2009-04-27 Mo 16:00>

Is there a way to create this kind of entries at once, i.e. to chose a
start and an end date right from a single call of the calendar? By now,
I just copy the created single time-stamp, yank it behind a manually
typed '--' and change the date with S-up. Calling the calender twice is
not much more convenient (see below).

Moreover, sometimes a certain appointment takes place more than once,
but not regularly (i.e. not +1w etc.):

*** APPT Meet myself
    <2009-04-23 Do 14:00>
    <2009-04-27 Mo 14:00>
    <2009-05-05 Tue 10:00>

Is there another way to set these dates than typing C-c . three times?
The inconvenience is that the calender always starts at 'today', so you
always have to browse the whole thing again until you reach the next
date you want to choose. It would be better to mark the first date, then
immediately go on to the second, the third ...

Thanks

Sven

--
Sven Bretfeld