Re: [Orgmode] Any way to stop the creation of UIDs in the iCalendar expo

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Any way to stop the creation of UIDs in the iCalendar exports?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 18:14:40 +0200

The UIDs org is using *should* be globally unique. Can you show an example of ID's it is creating?

- Carsten

On Apr 28, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Joseph Korbeck wrote:

I use the .ics files created by Org-mode's iCalendar export feature so that I can see my tasks and appointments using Sunbird 0.9.

Unfortunately, in my installation, Org-mode is generating non-unique UIDs -- forcing me to use an earlier version of Org-mode (6.02b) which does not produce UIDs when exporting iCalendar files.

Is there a way that I can stop the generation of UIDs when I export iCalendar (.ics) files?

Thanks,
Joseph Korbeck

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out._______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list