Re: [Orgmode] possible to make loading org not make any changes?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] possible to make loading org not make any changes?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:30:53 +0200

On May 6, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

I've noticed that loading org undoes some changes that I do, such as
redefining keys in org-mode-hook back to what they did before.

I wonder if it's possible and practical as a matter of philosophy to
make loading org not have any side effects?

Of course it can be done, but it would be a lot of work
to do so.  All key bindings etc would have to be wrapped
into forms testing if org has already been loaded etc etc.

Maybe the easiest is to restart org-mode in all relevant buffers

(mapc (lambda (b)
        (with-current-buffer b
          (and (org-mode-p) (org-mode))))
      (buffer-list))

Maybe org-reload should actually do so?  The main side effect
would be that the outline visibility would change back to it's
initial values.

- Carsten