[Orgmode] org-publish doesn't republish if you delete the .html files

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [Orgmode] org-publish doesn't republish if you delete the .html files
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:27:53 +0200

Hi; with org 6.26trans:

1. Publish a project you have configured with org-publish, concretely one that
places the .html files locally beside the .org files.
2. While exporting, Org creates its own data in ~/.org-timestamps to cache
things
3. Delete the new .html which have been created
4. Try to publish the same project again
5. Org-publish skips the file: Skipping unmodified file
/home/dc/patata/index.org

  I think that most people would expect the .html files to be created again.
  Now users are expected to delete ~/.org-timestamps manually, which is not
obvious.

  Org could check for the .html files first, and if they are not present,
always create them. Even if this check involves access to a remote server, I
think it is worth it at access time, since it assures republishing (and
otherwise, you get nothing).

  Full event log:

,----
| Saving file /home/dc/patata/index.html...
| Wrote /home/dc/patata/index.html
| Exporting... done
| Saving file
/home/dc/.org-timestamps/X24bafcf2c400ea6b5088e9afd58c590112bccd0c...
| Wrote /home/dc/.org-timestamps/X24bafcf2c400ea6b5088e9afd58c590112bccd0c
| Delete * [2 files] (y or n)
| 1 of 2 deletions
| 2 of 2 deletions
| 2 deletions done
| Select command:
| Skipping unmodified file /home/dc/patata/temas.org
| Skipping unmodified file /home/dc/patata/index.org
| Updating buffer list...done
| Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help
| Mark saved where search started
| Mark set
`----

  Thanks,