[Orgmode] Re: org-feed broken?

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-feed broken?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:51:55 +0100

John Rakestraw <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I don't know lisp (or any programming language). Can someone give me an
> idea whether I'm running any risk of data loss by running org-feed.el
> without these calls?

Not really.  org-feed will 'leak' memory each time you run
org-feed-update (the buffers with feed data will never be removed), but
that shouldn't add up to great amounts.  (Especially if you regularly
restart Emacs.)

> And am I correct in assuming that ignore-errors is a function
> introduced in emacs 23? If so, can I get the definition and install it
> in my .emacs configuration as a holdover until I upgrade to emacs 23?

Half correct.  Prior to Emacs 23, ignore-errors was defined in the cl
package, which isn't loaded by default; in Emacs 23, it is in subr.el,
which _is_ loaded by default.

Adding:

(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

at the top of org-feed.el is the traditional way of loading it.

Magnus