Re: [Orgmode] begin_src problems

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] begin_src problems
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:15:51 -0400

Tom Tobin <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Tom Tobin <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I'm having some issues using #+BEGIN_SRC; doing the following doesn't
>>> seem to use the org-code face, and doesn't seem to work correctly with
>>> "C-c i":
>>
>> C-c i is undefined with my setup. Did you mean C-c '?
>
> Yeah, sorry; I meant C-c '.
>
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC html-mode
>>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> I think you want #+BEGIN_SRC html. Then it works for me.
>
> Hmm ... C-c ' now works only if the block is flush with the left
> margin.  Is this intentional?

Yes, it's intentional. The # has to be the first character on the
line. It's the same with the other org syntax which starts #+.

> Org-mode tries to align it with the
> header it falls under, which seems "right" to me.  The block still
> doesn't get the org-code face either way (although the "#+BEGIN_SRC

Not quite sure what you mean by 'org-code' face. The source code gets
fontified, in a different buffer, when you hit C-c ' (fontification is
according to the language major mode specified in the header,
i.e. html-mode in your example). Does this happen for you? The code in
the original org buffer never gets fontified according to language. It
used to be the case that nothing much happened to it, but if you are
using bleeding-edge org from today's commits then it is subject to some
different magic.

Dan