Re: [Orgmode] Exporting org to LaTeX to PDF: headings do not convert to

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting org to LaTeX to PDF: headings do not convert to sections
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:27:21 +0200

Hi Alan,

this is a fundamental limitation in LaTeX

See http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=toodeep

The only thing you can do in Org is to increase the number of headline levels to the maximum possible:

#+OPTION H:5

is I think the maximum you can get.  You cal also create a
LaTeX class with more headline leves and push H even further.
I believe there are some clases which provide at least subsubparagraph.

If you have a good idea how to represent deeper levels in LaTeX, maybe we
can do something clever in the LaTeX exporter.

Besides this, I see no further way out of this problem.

HTH

- Carsten