Re: [Orgmode] Drawers and HTML Export

From: srandby
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Drawers and HTML Export
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:31:38 -0400

Nick Dokos wrote:
address@hidden wrote:

I just discovered that if I put HTML source code into a drawer, it is
not exported. The following example illustrates a situation where only
the headline is exported.

#+DRAWERS: DUCK
* Ducks Quack
:DUCK:
#+BEGIN_HTML
  The quack <b>ducks</b>.
#+END_HTML
:END:

Is this behavior intended or is it a bug? I would like to put HTML
code in a drawer to keep it out of the way. I am using Org-Mode
6.26trans in Emacs 22.

I haven't tried it but this should help:

,----
| org-export-with-drawers is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
| Its value is nil
| | Documentation:
| Non-nil means, export with drawers like the property drawer.
| When t, all drawers are exported.  This may also be a list of
| drawer names to export.
| | You can customize this variable.
`----

Does it?

Setting org-export-with-drawers to t allows the draws to be exported, but it also exports the drawer delimiters (the :DUCK: and the :END: in my example) which I don't want to be exported. I've been looking at the various export variables, but I can't find anything that will stop the drawer delimiters from being exported. I think I'll stick with my current set up which doesn't use drawers.

Scott Randby