Re: [Orgmode] org-search-view and files without headlines

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-search-view and files without headlines
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 21:50:49 +0200

On May 22, 2009, at 12:34 AM, Bart Bunting wrote:

Hi,

I have been experimenting using org-search-view to search my large amount of notes files.

Some of these are org files and others are just text without any headings.

I have found that if there is a match in one of the text files that does not contain an org headline then org-mode ignores it.

Would it be possible to have a generic entry created for the agenda view, perhaps with just the filename of the match?

This is non-trivial, why don't you get into the habit to always add a headline
in notes files ?

- CarstenD

If there is a way of doing this already that I’m missing I’d appreciate any pointers.

Thanks for an invaluable emacs mode!

Bart