[Orgmode] Re: Indentation problem

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Indentation problem
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:51:39 -0400

Spike Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:

> Assume I've just added a new task and scheduled it so it looks like this:
>
> * TODO Some text
>   SCHEDULED: <2009-05-27 Wed>
>   [2009-05-21 Thu]
>
> Now I wanna add some text so I'll go after the date and hit enter,
> which puts my cursor at the beginning of the line and not indented
> under TODO like the other two lines. furthermore if I press TAB it
> won't align to one space, but instead indent 4 spaces. Is this the
> expected behavior and how it should work? of course in a similar
> fashion if I just paste a bunch of text the problem is the same and
> the indentation is not respected (and same if I have fill mode turned
> on and the text is wrapped). Especially for second level todos this is
> a major annoyance for me, am I missing some obvious settings?
>
> I'm running 6.27a.

I'm using 6.27a on Linux and it works fine for me.

,----
| * TODO Some text
|   SCHEDULED: <2009-05-27 Wed>
|   [2009-05-27 Wed]
| * Some other text
`----

Putting the cursor after the ] of 'Wed]' and hitting RET and then TAB
works fine for me.  I get this:

,----
| * TODO Some text
|   SCHEDULED: <2009-05-27 Wed>
|   [2009-05-27 Wed]
|   |<-- cursor here
| * Some other text
`----

Is your TAB key bound to the correct function?  (C-h k TAB) gives me
 - <tab> runs the command yas/expand
   in my regular setup and
 - <tab> runs the command org-cycle
   in my minimal emacs setup