[Orgmode] org-mode Google Wave Integration

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode Google Wave Integration
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:10:23 +0100

Okay, I've just seen the demo of Google Wave here:

http://wave.google.com/

I've not had chance to look at it in depth (I've only viewed 29
minutes of the video) and skimmed the protocol spec but it seems that
Google Wave is a collaborative messaging protocol to collaborate on
tree structures.

It's built ontop of XMPP (and a variety of other things), but the
first thing that occured to a colleague and me is that it's remarkably
similar to org-mode, except focused explicitly around communication
and collaboration.... blurring the line between I/M, email and
semi-structured data.

Google Wave is largely vapourware and product demo at the moment, but
it seems like a great fit for org-mode.  I could imagine an org-mode
extension that would present waves as org-mode files; restrict editing
to only your messages (trees), and allow easy pushing/pulling/refiling
of data between native org-mode files and waves.

It doesn't require a lot of imagination to see how org-mode could
become not only the most powerful note-taker/productivity app, but
also the most powerful and extensible wave client and messaging tool
available!

Has anyone else had any thoughts on this?  In some ways it seems
similar to what some people on this list are trying to do when
collaborating on org-mode files.

R.