[Orgmode] Saving the *Org Edit Src Example* buffer

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Saving the *Org Edit Src Example* buffer
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:02:52 -0400

Following on from the recent improvements to the *Org Edit Src Example*
buffer, I have one more proposal: I have remapped C-x C-s so that it
saves the code in the org buffer, rather than offering to save the Edit
buffer itself (as it used to be with the indirect edit buffer). I find
this essential, although I recognise that remapping C-x C-s is a rather
radical thing to do to an emacs buffer.

I am using the simple-minded approach below; it seems to work fine (I
don't even notice a flicker -- should I be surprised at that?), but if
someone can suggest an improved implementation I'd be happy to learn how
it should be done (perhaps there are buffer variables other than point
and mark that I should restore? Is there a general mechanism I should
use for this?).

Dan

(defun org-edit-src-save ()
  "Update the parent org buffer with the edited source code, save
the parent org-buffer, and return to the source code edit
buffer."
  (interactive)
  (let ((p (point))
        (m (mark)))
    (org-edit-src-exit)
    (save-buffer)
    (org-edit-src-code)
    (set-mark m)
    (goto-char p)))

(define-key org-exit-edit-mode-map "\C-x\C-s" 'org-edit-src-save)