[Orgmode] The recurring task pattern

From: Ivan Nedrehagen
Subject: [Orgmode] The recurring task pattern
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:50:42 +0200

Hi everyone, I have a pattern that repeats itself in org-mode and I am wondering if anyone have any solutions to it.

I have some tasks that must be done each week, it does not matter when I complete them, but they must be done before end of the week. And when the next week comes the task should be repeated.

Now I have an TODO item on it and I flip it back and forth from TODO to DONE, but it requires me to remember that I have completed the task, and requires me to put it back to TODO next week. This is not working very well.

What I would like:
At the beginning of each week the task sets itself to TODO.
When I complete it, it logs the state change (only for this state, I do not want state change logging on all). A reminder that I did not complete it last week would be nice, but I expect that to be too much to ask for.

Does anyone use org-mode for anything like this?