Re: [Orgmode] Re: The recurring task pattern

From: Ivan Nedrehagen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: The recurring task pattern
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:50:10 +0200

På Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:57:47 +0200, skrev Chris Gray
<address@hidden>:

Ivan Nedrehagen wrote:

Hi everyone, I have a pattern that repeats itself in org-mode and I am
wondering if anyone have any solutions to it.

I have some tasks that must be done each week, it does not matter when
I complete them, but they must be done before end of the week. And
when the  next week comes the task should be repeated.

Now I have an TODO item on it and I flip it back and forth from TODO
to DONE, but it requires me to remember that I have completed the
task, and  requires me to put it back to TODO next week. This is not
working very  well.

What I would like:
At the beginning of each week the task sets itself to TODO.
When I complete it, it logs the state change (only for this state, I
do not want state change logging on all).
A reminder that I did not complete it last week would be nice, but I
expect that to be too much to ask for.

You can add a deadline that repeats every week for the task.

** TODO Do weekly task
   DEADLINE: <2009-06-03 Wed +1w>

Cheers,
Chris

Yes this does almost do the trick, but with one annoying feature.
It changes the state back to TODO immediatly after it is done so
it still shows up in my agenda as a TODO item. So it looks for me like
I never have done my repeating items, and I have to check the date to
be sure.

But it is perhaps difficult to make it change state later on?

It could be fixed with a more advanced custom agenda command i guess.