[Orgmode] Popup with Weekly Agenda?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Popup with Weekly Agenda?
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:44:35 +0100

Karl Maihofer writes:
> Hi,
>
> Tassilo integrated the weekly agenda (as a popup) with the awesome
> window manager[1]. So whenever the mouse pointer enters a special region
> of the desktop, a popup shows the agenda for the current week and
> disappears when the mouse is moved away (Have a look at the very nice
> screenshot shown in the article).
>
> I was wondering if anybody could imagine a way to do something similar
> using other window managers for X, especially Gnome.

In Gnome, you can use gnome-osd-client to replace the "naughty" bit.
gnome-osd-client actually works with most window managers; I use it
with ratpoison to have emacs appt notifications appear on-screen, as
suggested by Richard Riley.

To replace the lua code which adds font information to the text
generated by org's agenda output, you could use any of the scripting
languages (perl, say).

Finally, I'm not sure about how to make Gnome's window manager
(enlightenment?) respond to the mouse hovering over any particular
part of the screen but you could easily bind a key to the script which
would invoke the gnome-osd-client command to pop up the agenda
instead.

HTH.