Re: [Orgmode] org-exp-block patch and Graphviz Demo

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-exp-block patch and Graphviz Demo
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:51:31 -0700

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> I've looked, and it appears that the sed line is no longer required,
> it was an old hack.
>
> Regarding graphviz inclusion in PDF, the best output is still obtained
> by dot -> EPS, and then epstopdf -> PDF, and its inclusion in latex.
>
> How would you handle that in org-exp-block.el?

#+begin_dot out.pdf -Tpdf
digraph test {
a -> { b c d e };
e -> { f g h i };
};
#+end_dot

can be used with the current setup to go straight from dot -> PDF.

Since you would rather go to EPS as an intermediary step, then I would
recommend defining a new block type which can handle this two-stage
process.  There are instructions in org-exp-blocks.el, and I would
recommend using `org-export-blocks-format-dot' in
contrib/lisp/org-exp-blocks.el as your starting point.  It should be
possible to achieve the result your want with only one or two lines of
new elisp probably inserted right after the following line

  (shell-command (concat "dot " data-file " " args " -o " out-file))

Cheers -- Eric