Re: [Orgmode] Compile new Org, help needed

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Compile new Org, help needed
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:04:03 +0200

Welcome Nicolas,

Nicolas Aggelidis <address@hidden> writes:
> hi to all org-users!
>
> i am rather new to your community.
> i am using org with emacs22 in windows vista64 for the last month and
> it slowly "Changes the Way I Do Everything" (to imitate the upcoming
> award!).
>
> I was wondering how i can compile the newer version of org, so that i
> can enjoy the latest and greatest!

1.) Pull the git repo: http://orgmode.org/index.html#sec-3.2

2.) Follow the (straightforward) install instructions here:
    http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation

3.) If want that (I don't), compile the sources.

    I lately found the great compile feature in dired:

    a) `C-x d /path/to/org-mode/lisp/ RET'

    b) `C-n C-n' to have point on the first *.el file.

    c) Hold the `m' key, until all *.el files are marked
       (i.e. highlighted).

    d) Press `B' to compile all the marked files.

Repeat the marking (c) and compiling (d) several times, until no error occurs
anymore.

Best regards

   Sebastian