Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:11:15 +0100

I'm afraid I have to agree... The first impression I had was
"Auw"... Too many heavy colors, big non-aliased text... It lacks a
certain  style, which is a pity because org-mode itself has plenty of
it.

Attached is another picture proposal, hopefully a bit more stylish. It uses the zenburn theme, anti-aliased fonts, etc.

It certainly lack things we would like to demonstrate, like links,
footnotes, etc.  But I tried to make it simple.

I'm also not sure the unicorn should be pasted into the window like
that, as if it is part of the content.

I think it okay to have the Unicorn, maybe just a bit smaller.

Please have a look at this alternative picture and let us know.

I like it. Also I like the Unicorn and for the purposes of this graphic I don't think it matters that it looks as though it's part of the text.

You could always put a 10 paragraph disclaimer under it:

"Contents of the box may differ from those shown. Items displayed may not always be available in the colour shown, etc."

Ian.