Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:37:16 +1000

I feel compelled to add my 0.02$ to this discussion.  I wrote the following down as answers to the two questions posed by the Sourceforge representative.   I am not a developer, but a semi-knowledgable user.

Org-mode has truly changed the way I do everything.  The following points represent all of 5 minutes of effort.  There is no way any answer to these questions can be compressed into 140 words, much less 140 characters.

   1. Our project is:: a multifacted utility outliner/todo and agenda organizer/notetaking/supermacro publishing system, in a dynamic collaborative state of development that renders it simple and useful, while riding at the cutting      edge of technology.
   2. We should win because::
      - attracts many people from various walks of life
      - the development model is responsive to the needs of users at
        all levels
      - OM is immediately intuitively useful, yet has such depth even
        old timers have not mastered many aspects
      - many users are captivated by the utilitarian nature of org-mode

Perhaps all this is far off the mark.

Alan Davis

"Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."
  --- Buckminster Fuller