Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:02:25 -0400

Ian Barton <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> One more:  How about this one:
>>
>> For question two I currently have:
>>
>>    We should win because by letting people shape their
>>    productive selves, org-mode has spawned the best
>>    community of life hackers in the world.
>>
>> Just now I thought of
>>
>>    We should win because Org-mode truely changes the way how it's users
>>    do everything, and has spawned the best community of life hackers
>>    in the world.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> Grammatical nit picking:
>
> We should win because Org-mode changes the way its users do everything
> and has spawned the world's best community of life hackers.

I'd vote against restating the category title ("Most Likely to Change
the Way You Do Everything") in the first half of the sentence. It is
slightly better with Carsten's "truly", but still kind of begs the
question. So I'd say stay with the original version (with a slight
preference for 'evolve' over 'shape'.)

Dan