[Orgmode] using %(sexp) in remember templates

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: [Orgmode] using %(sexp) in remember templates
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:27:47 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to make a remember template that inserts some text
automatically.

I read in the manual that %(sexp) would expand in the template. This
would be what I want, if I've understood the manual aright.

I made a small function that inserts text (org-csa) and this is the
template I originally tried.
("CSA" ?C "* TODO %^{topic} %^g\n %t\n %(org-csa) %&" "CSA.org" bottom)

This put

* TODO %^{topic} %^g
 <2009-06-15 Mon>
  %&

In the remember buffer.

I then tried

("CSA" ?C "* TODO %^{topic} %^g\n %t\n %^(org-csa) %&" "~/.org/CSA.org"
bottom)

Which prompted me for a string and added the (org-csa) in the remember
buffer. (I filled in the various prompts)

* TODO charity ball :July:
 <2009-06-15 Mon>
 (org-csa)

Have I misunderstood the manual? I thought that the sexp would be
evaluated in the remember buffer. But neither with the ^ prompt which at
least made the remember buffer work as expected or without where even the
other prompts did not work at all, the (org-csa) did not get expanded.

Obviously I can evaluated it in the CSA.org buffer but that is not what I
want at all. Maybe I should use org-eval?

Shelagh