[Orgmode] .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu

From: Graham Smith
Subject: [Orgmode] .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:57:44 +0100

I have gone back to using Ubuntu and in the past I used to copy any
updates of the .emacs file from Ubuntu to the Mac. So I expected to be
able to copy the .emacs from the Mac to the newly installed Ubuntu.

But it isn't loading the current version of Org-mode, I am getting
4.67 where I should be getting 6.xx. The EmacsAddins folder has been
copied from my Mac home directory into my Ubuntu home directory.

Has anyone any idea where  the errors might be.

Many thanks,

Graham

The lines in my emacs are

(setq load-path (cons "~/EmacsAddins/OrgMode/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/EmacsAddins/OrgMode/contrib/lisp" load-path))
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t)

(require 'org-install)
(require 'org-mouse)
(load "org-R")

;; The following lines are always needed. Choose your own keys.
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(global-font-lock-mode 1)                    ; for all buffers
;;(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock) ; Org buffers only

;;;;;Basic Remember;;;;;;

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/EmacsAddins/remember")

;;;;;;Remember plus Org-Mode;;;;;;;

(org-remember-insinuate)