[Orgmode] Change line spacing for lists for LaTeX export

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Change line spacing for lists for LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:02:02 +1000

I need to print outlines in a more compact form than LaTeX lists ordinarily provide.  I often have used the paralist package, although it conflicts with some other packages.  How can I alter the line spacing for the lists directly, for export?

I found this suggestion, and I was going to use #+LATEX_HEADER:, but then it occured to me that I don't have a way to specifiy that "my_enumerate" would be used instead of "enumerate".

This is the code I found on line:

%
% this makes list spacing much better.
%
\newenvironment{my_enumerate}{
\begin{enumerate}
\setlength{\itemsep}{1pt}
\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}
\setlength{\parsep}{0pt}}{\end{enumerate}
}
Thank you for any suggestions.

Alan Davis

"Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."
  --- Buckminster Fuller