Re: [Orgmode] Moon phases

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Moon phases
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:18:27 +0200

On Jun 22, 2009, at 5:44 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

I have enabled the inclusion of astronomical information in my agenda displays, using Diary.org, including the following:
#%%(diary-astro-day-number)
%%(diary-phases-of-moon)
#%%(diary-sunrise-sunset)

I commented out the first and last, as the clutter is unacceptable to me. However, I realliy need to keep the phases of the moon.

Tomorrow is the new moon. Due to time of day of the New Moon, it might actually be tonight. And I'd like to be notified in advance, a day or two, and it would be interesting, for similar reasons to have notice in my agenda of New Moons and Full Moons a day or two passed. In fact, I really need to know how many days past New Moon it is today, as I am watching out for spawning of corals.

Can anyone suggest how I can do this?

Press M in the agenda, this is your fast route.

If you really want early and late warnings in the agenda display
itself, you would have to hack the function `diary-lunar-phases',
which is not too hard, I think.

- Carsten

Alan

"...can the human soul be glimpsed through a microscope? Maybe, but you'd definitely need one of those very good ones with two eyepieces."

   -- Woody Allen, quoted by B. A. Palevitz