[Orgmode] Re: tags-tree question

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: tags-tree question
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:39:15 -0400

Pete Phillips <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Bernt
>
>  Bernt> That works for todo list searches only (not tags).  There is a
>  Bernt> new variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options which you
>  Bernt> can set which I think does what you are looking for.  I have
>  Bernt> this set to t in my setup.
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> As far as I can determine this stops any scheduled/deadlines appearing
> *ever*.  I want them to appear in my lists 30 days (for example)  before
> their scheduled/deadline date.

Hi Pete

This keeps them off the global todo lists and tags searches.  They still
show up on the agenda when you look at daily and weekly views
org-deadline-warning-days before the deadline.  You can also set custom
warning dates individually on tasks as in

   DEADLINE: <2009-07-01 Wed +1m -3d>

> When you wrote:
>>     Bernt> This keeps all tasks with a schedules or deadline date out of
>>     Bernt> the list of tasks when searching for next tasks and by
>>     Bernt> default deadlines show up on the agenda 30 days before they
>>     Bernt> need to be done.
>
> Did you mean a custom agenda, or only the main agenda ?
>
> My requirement is to have them start appearing in my custom agendas
> nearer the time.

I meant the global todo list and the results of tags searches (C-c a t,
C-c a m)  The tasks show up on your dated agenda with C-c a a.

The _only_ place I see tasks with dates is in the C-c a a view.

HTH,
Bernt