Re: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda display of tasks

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda display of tasks
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:56:04 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> [replying to my own post]

> This seems to have been a confused Emacs session on my part.  After
> restarting it no longer behaves as described above (it doesn't expand
> tasks past the headline by default -- which is the old behaviour I
> remember)
>
> My Emacs was definitely behaving weird - C-x o would cycle from the
> agenda, to the org file, to the message window, then back to the agenda
> with 2 windows open (and the message buffer).  After restarting emacs it
> just cycles between the agenda and the org file (as expected).

That often happens to me when I have a half-finished command in the
minibuffer and I switch to another window and start on something else
(at least, I *think* that's what happens - it's not intentional on my
part, so it's hard to tell exactly what the heck I was doing. And
speaking about that, I just remembered that there is a help command,
``C-h l'', that shows the last few hundred keystrokes, so it might be
possible to use that to figure out what I was doing.)

The cure usually involves

          M-x top-level

which exits from all recursive editing levels and all active
minibuffers.

HTH,
Nick