[Orgmode] Re: Orgmode for research information management

From: Chris Gray
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Orgmode for research information management
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:41:52 +0200

Graham Smith wrote:

> Chris,

> Thanks, but I have a couple of more questions if that's OK

>> For me, it works great because it is so easy to use as an outliner.

> Do you use tags for particular linked topics or do you just rely on
> the outline and drop related information into the same level of the
> outline

So far I have been using just the outlining capabilities, but tags
sounds like a great idea -- I think I'll start doing that too. :)  Until
now, though, I mostly find the information that I am looking for with
isearch.

>> However, I still keep all my references in a separate
>> database (I use the Zotero plugin for Firefox, which I export to
>> bibtex).

> Do you keep notes specific to a paper in Zotero, or keep them in
> Orgmode.

I keep it all in orgmode.  I am addicted to the emacs key layout, so it
is easier to do the note-taking in emacs than in Firefox.  Plus, Zotero
doesn't seem so easy to search for me.

Cheers,
Chris