Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28

From: Peter Frings
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:58:11 +0200

On 25 Jun 2009, at 15:19, Bastien wrote:

Bulk action
===========
[snip]
I'm a bit disoriented with the new keybinding for `s' -- I got used
to it the same way I'm used to `C-x C-s'.

Same here. It'll take some time to adopt. But...

Also, I think it would be nice to make this "bulk action" feature more
consistent with bulk action mechanisms from other packages like dired,
buff-menu.el or bookmark-mode.el.

I also support this request.

Here is how the keys are mapped on various modes:

| key | dired  & bookmark-mode & buff-menu | Org           |
|-----+------------------------------------+---------------|
[snip]
| D   | delete marked                      | include diary |
[snip]

I propose to use [dmuUx] the same way in Org. We could move the daily,
weekly, monthly view to respectively D,W,M.

Mapping the D to 'daily view' would not make it the same as in dired.

Of course, if the perception of the Agenda's content and behavior is sufficiently different from that of dired, the keybindings do not have to be the same. Maybe it's worth looking at how other packages (like gnus and friends) are treating their summaries?

Having said all that, I'll take whatever bindings org-mode ships with; you can always change them :-)

Cheers,
Peter.