[Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:34:17 +0200

On Jun 25, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

With `d' and `w' in place, `m' and `y' are consistent, logical.
However, I don't believe anyone uses monthly views, I am sure
that no-one uses yearly views, right?  So I will negotiate over
`m', i someone can propose a viable alternative that makes sense.

I use monthly view... monthly :)  To get my clock report usage for the
file over the past month. I restrict the agenda to the single file when doing this monthly view to get clock time just for this project and that
could possibly be done with a dynamic block.

I've been enjoying not having my generated clock reports in my git
history though and the agenda monthly view is perfect for that.

Nobody is talking about abandoning monthly view - only about putting it on a different key.

- Carsten