Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:00:12 -0700

Hi Carsten,

As always this is a great release.

On 2009-06-25, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is why `C-x C-s' seems to me the perfect key for this.

Agree.

>> Also, I think it would be nice to make this "bulk action" feature more
>> consistent with bulk action mechanisms from other packages like dired,
>> buff-menu.el or bookmark-mode.el.

Agree.

> You know, I have been agonizing over these bindings,
> switching them back and forward.  Obviously, I would like
> to have things like in dired and similar programs.
>
> I don't want to switch `d' to `D', no way.  One of the consistent
> things in the agenda keymap is that caleandar/diary related keys are
> upper case.  `d' and `w' are not negotiable.

OK, how about this?  (Not trying to /negotiate/, but offer another poss :).)

Keep archive-related commands together.  Also allow room for the future.

aa does what a does now
av does what v does

Keep view-related commands together.  Also keep dwmy consistency.
Also allow room for the future.

vd does what d does now
vw
vm
vy

Keep dired compatibility.

m marks <-- i like this a lot
something reasonable to execute, like x or M
u unmarks
U unmarks all

Possible?  Or still not enough?

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering,
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying research.  /You/ can