Re: [Orgmode] [Beta Release / Development Invitation] Org-Babel --- code

From: Taru Karttunen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Beta Release / Development Invitation] Org-Babel --- code evaluation for reproducible-research and literate-programming in org-mode
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:02:20 +0300

Excerpts from Eric Schulte's message of Thu Jun 25 23:25:30 +0300 2009:
> For the past couple of months I have been working on Org-Babel, with Dan
> Davison and (initially) Austin Frank.  Through Org-Babel Org-Mode can
> communicate with programming languages.  Code contained in source-code
> blocks can be evaluated and data can pass seamlessly between different
> programming languages, Org-Mode constructs (tables, file links, example
> text) and interactive comint buffers. One part of the project is the
> "Library of Babel", which will be an extensible collection of ready-made
> and easily-shortcut-callable source-code blocks for handling common
> tasks.

How do I try it out?

I tried the following:
1) update org-mode to latest git
2) restart emacs and open org-babel.org
3) add the load path and (require 'org-babel)
4) press C-cC-c on a begin_src line
it only says "Local setup has been refreshed" and nothing happens.

ps. org-babel seems very nifty from reading things

- Taru Karttunen