Re: [Orgmode] Re: name of face for dates in org agenda?

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: name of face for dates in org agenda?
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:54:48 -0400

Nick Dokos said unto the world at 28/06/09 02:00 PM:
Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

I've changed my overall emacs colour scheme and, as a result, the
dates in the weekly agenda view are a bit hard to read (dark blue on
black). I've looked through the interface that M-x org-customize
brings up, but I don't seem able to find the governing face variable
name. Little help?
On a general note (I'll add an FAQ about this), here are two tips for
finding the names of faces in org-mode (or any other emacs mode):

1) While on the relevant text, simply type M-x customize-face and you
   will be given the option of customizing all faces at the point.

2) Type M-x list-faces-display and browse through the org-mode faces.

In addition to Matthew's points, the following might be useful:

3) While on the relevant text, `C-u C-x =' (what-cursor-position with a
   prefix argument) shows (extra) information about the text under the
   cursor, including the face:

<snip>

4) While on the relevant text, M-x describe-face (also available from
   the menu Help/Describe/Describe face...) gives you information about
   the face and also allows you to customize it:

<snip>

Hi all,

Thanks to Manish, Matthew, and Nick for the pointers.

Matthew's (1) and Nick's (4), while good to know about, didn't help here: the line with point has the face hi-line which masks the underlying face from those commands. (2) and (3) both yield the desires information, though, so thanks bunches.

Best,

Brian vdB